samedi, mai 05, 2007

Back on Terra Firma

I'm back on land, very aware of my underappreciated usually low risk life...

As it's all double top secret confidential stuff, I have no new pix from my latest adventure. But imagine lots of big amazingly powerful and intensely colorful fish (bright blues, purples, and yellows) manhandled on a slippery deck, big deep indigo waves, clear horizons (moving in all unpredictable directions, sea spray, rich red meat, and decks awash in bright red blood... and me staggering around on a pitching deck in white shrimp boats, bright orange Grundens foulie bottoms and blood splattered old white college t-shirt with a tape measure and buck knife - and of course regulation PFD and survival packet. Up at 5 for a haul?

I had an accomodating and helpful crew that could use some multi-species sensitivity training, and it's amazing that there can be so little fresh air 100 miles off shore in the Gulf, but overall it was a hearty experience. I just need to screw up my courage to do it all again in a week or so.

Maybe it was just something I ate? More fluids next time.

E

Libellés : , ,