dimanche, mai 13, 2007

Job Description for Five-Year-Old

... necessary small talk about what's going on with her... then a pretty simple but accurate description of what I've been doing...

My new job is observing fishers catching big tuna and swordfish out in the Gulf of Mexico. I will report to the federal government agency which sets the regulations for the fishery. My reports will help determine future regulations for the species of fish effected by this fishery.

I will be stationed in Houma, Louisiana, near New Orleans, through June. It is a rural area sort of like southern Maryland where you are, but there are more swamps, and bayous, and alligators. This is an interesting area. There are descendants of french settlers, so there are family and place names in french, and the speaking accents of the locals are different from what you hear other places.

Libellés : , ,